Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Earthquake 5.8 Chino Hills

We had an earthquake today! At approximately 11:42am, while eating inside the Pat & Oscars Restaurant in Del Amo Mall, Torrance, we felt the ground was moving very slightlly. Tt became a little stronger a few seconds later and we noticed the signs and fans above the ceiling were swaying. Even the ketchup bottle on the table was shaking. Me and my mommy friend were there for a lunch appointment and were enjoying our lunch then this thing happened. I was calm and I told my friend, "It's an earthquake." But we didn't immediately leave the restaurant. We finished up our food and packed the leftover and then only we left. Outside the restaurant I tried to call my Hubby but the cell phone service weren't available. I then saw many people on their cellphone talking about, "Earthquake."

I came home later and used the house phone to contact my Hubby and found out the epicenter was in Chino Hills at 5.8 magnitude. I heard and read on Yahoo! News that some buildings down town LA was swaying and the workers evacuated the building for precaution. This is my second time I felt an earthquake and know it was an earthquake.

1 comments:

Manish Batra said...

Hey, very nice site. I came across this on Google, and I am stoked that I did. I will definitely be coming back here more often. Wish I could add to the conversation and bring a bit more to the table, but am just taking in as much info as I can at the moment. Thanks for sharing.
Karma KM 2500 Wheelchair

Keep Posting:)