Saturday, February 24, 2007

Pre-school Panic for Los Angeles Family

One night last week I was able to have a little time watching TV news at night. At the same time KTLA channel 5 was reporting on Pre-school Panic by Lynette Romero. According to her, there are even books for parents on selecting the best pre-school around LA area and another book on Coping with Pre-School Panic. If parents are worry and just couldn't find the time to do the research, they can hire a consultant from Best Fit School Service to do the work. Isn't this amazing?

As a mother to a almost 1 year old baby boy, I really like to understand more about pre-schooling for my baby in the coming year. But after hearing the report, I thought I should have started my research even earlier. Even before my son was born. This is how BIG this issue is here in LA.

According to Lynette, pre-schooling a child may cost even MORE than college. Well, of course. I think first of all "most" pre-schooling is not being subsidized by the government. For example, I researched the First Lutheran School of Torrance which is located on 2900 W. Carson St.,Torrance Ca 90502. Their tuition fee for pre-schooler can be as high as $737 a month which is for their Full Day 7am-6pm Monday-Friday Program.

Preschool Rates
Full Day Program (7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.)
Five days (Monday - Friday) $737 per month
Three days (Mon., Wed., Fri.) $484 per month
Two days (Tuesday, Thursday) $340 per month

Half Day Program (8:45 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.)
Five days (Monday - Friday) $494 per month
Three days (Mon., Wed., Fri.) $349 per month
Two days (Tuesday, Thursday) $270 per month

If you need more information about this school, please visit their website.

Thru a relatives whose kids is not studying here, the waiting list may be long. So I guess if I want my boy to enter pre-school here, I better have his name in the school system soon.

First Lutheran School of Torrance
Address: 2900 West Carson Street, Torrance, CA 90503
Phone: (310) 320-0117

0 comments: