Friday, June 15, 2007

Message in a Bottle

*sponsored*

When I was in grade school, The Police songs were on the top of the charts. Songs like Message in a Bottle, Roxanne, Everything she does is Magic are timeless classics, just to name a few. These songs are still being played on the radio today. Their music is unique because it is considered from dance/pop to alternative. Not too many artists can do that. And these songs are being covered by current singers and groups too. Just not too long ago Matisyahu remade Message in a Bottle to a reggae beat. I just had to download this version from Itunes. This also happens to be one of my favorite Police songs and I am glad they are including it in their new Police CD. It is catchy and has a nice beat. I remember not too long ago they played that song on the reality show, ‘So you think you can dance’. It brought back a lot of memories.

To my surprise I heard The Police were getting back together late last year and early this year on one of the music award shows. They are also releasing a best of Police CD with 30 of their best songs (to be released June 11, 2007). They are also to be going on concert soon too! How exciting! I wish I can go.


Win a New York fly-away to see The Police live.