Thursday, December 20, 2007

Bad Service / Review - Ikea Carson

I just returned from Ikea Carson and let me tell you I am very upset on how being treated at this location. Their customer service is slow and today I found out that they don't care much about their customers.

This morning I went in to return an item which I bought and found no use off after I bought it. I was 3rd in the line but waited 15 minutes or more.

Then I pursued to visit their show room, using the elevator to go up to the third floor. This elevator ONLY takes you from 1st floor to the 3rd. The escalator was under repair so there were quite a number of other customers took the elevator up with us.

After walking to the end of the third floor, we wanted to go down to the 2nd and had to use the elevator since I was pushing a stroller with a almost 30 pounds toddler in it. After about 5 minutes, I felt the elevator was not going to come as the button turn off automatically after a while. I pressed it again and it lighted up. A while later, it turned off by itself. I went to talk to a customer service at the kitchen department. This was at 10:30am (Thursday morning).

She saw what happened when I complaint to her and went away for 5 minutes. Came back and told me she couldn't do anything about the elevator and that I needed to use the stairs.

I was expecting a GOOD suggestion like this from her: "Why not you carry your child while I help you carry your stroller down the stairs. This is the least we can help."

When she didn't say anything, I has to ask her to help me with the stroller as I need to carry my toddler down the stairs, she was reluctant to do it.

Then another customer service person at the same department told me that I had to do it all myself. Carry the child down the stairs and come back up to the floor to take the stroller by myself!

I was SHOCKED by her rudely response! What type of customer service is this??! How I can leave my child by himself down stairs and come back up to retrieve the stroller?!? A good customer service would offer help even before I need to ask for it.

She told me they can't take this type of liability. What liability? I was not asking you to carry my child, just help me with the stroller. I was fumedly MAD with her response and headed out to the elevator which I came up with and left IKEA CARSON. They didn't even offer me to use their worker's elevator but just said that the only elevator going down is not working! Such a stupid and unconsiderate response.

I love Ikea but their customer service has to improve a lot for me to return to shopping there again. This is ridiculous service I ever got from shopping at any places at all. I always thought Ikea was a child friendly store but I think may not fit in this category anymore as they are not eager to help a customer that is shopping there with a child when their elevator is out of service.

I may bring this complain to their corporate office. Any suggestions?

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Why not? No harm sending a complaint. Make sure you address it to the CEO or the Head of Customer Service. Usually that will bring more attention.

May said...

I was so shocked when i knew this thing happened at ikea. Because normally their service is so good. You really should a made a complain to their CEO or the Head of Customer Service.

eiko-chan said...

You got bad service too?
And i actually thought only IKEA MALAYSIA offers bad service! Its IKEAs all around the world huh?

I procrastinated, thats why i didn't complain, nor did i Blog about IKEA's customer service at Malaysia... but seriously, example out of 5 times i go Ikea i needed help, 3.5 times i got REALLY bad service!

You really should complain, you have my full support. IKEA should really improve their customer service, i was so disappointed because i actually expected GOOD customer service from IKEA, seeing that they are "international" and all those... what big disappointment...

Sweetpea said...

i guess it may be fruitless to complain, but still, a letter to the head is better than nothing.

carry your child down and then return for the stroller? is the person NUTS? brain in backside? leave the child alone? that fella shud have s**t in the head rather than brain. jjeeezzzz....

Talina said...

I would send a complaint their way... I would be so mad!

Geir said...

IKEA has the worst customer service of any retails store I have ever been to. I went to IKEA Minneapolis and they refused to take back a product (even for store credit) even though I had the receipt. I am speechless...

I even talked to the store manager about it. He was adamant. Never IKEA again....never!

John said...

Hi,
Nice blog, This is really interesting take on the concept. I never thought of it that way. I came across this site recently which I think it will be a great use of new ideas and information. Thanks a lot.
Thanks,
http://www.emoderndecor.com

John said...

Hi,

Nice blog,This is really interesting take on the concept. I never thought of it that way. I came across this site recently which I think it will be a great use of new ideas and information. Thanks a lot.
Thanks,