Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Hal Fishman 1931-2007

I was surprised to hear the news this morning of the passing of lengendary KTLA Anchorman Hal Fishman. It was slightly over a week ago, I saw him on the Prime Time News at Ten on Channel 5. The next day I've heard from the news that he was admitted to the hospital due to an infection, and he was still well and it was nothing serious. Then this morning I had the news on at 5am and I was a bit confused when I heard about the news topic, 'Remembering Hal Fishman'. I couldn't believe what I've heard.

He was one of the brightest Anchorman I've ever seen on TV. He was my favorite. He was an icon for Los Angeles and had served as one of the longest running anchorman in television history. According to the news article, when Hal was hospitalized last week, the doctor discovered that he had colon cancer and it had spread to one of his major organ, the liver.

He will definitely be remembered by many of LA residents.

0 comments: